Monday, January 3, 2011

-I FIND MYSELF THE HOST-

I FIND MYSELF THE HOST


Living life to socialize but living by myself
With all those social skills collecting dust upon the shelf
I love my independence, which I thought to cherish most
But of another day alone, I FIND MYSELF THE HOST

When I struggled with the family life, and thought to leave my spouse
Because we lived “alone but yet together” in one house
We both endured a lonely life, the intimacy was gone
The only thing we talked about… was each one moving on

Our house was not a home… it was just a lonely place
I remember being anxious… to get out of that space
I remember looking forward… to being on my own
But I find myself the host again of another night alone

I am busy in the mornings… I am active through the day
Indeed God is my company and with thankfulness I pray
His grace has been sufficient… keeping strongholds on the shelf
So when I lay me down to sleep, I do so by myself

But there is something missing, and I miss it very much
I miss that human being that is there for me to touch
I cannot be factitious; I would like to have a mate
I realize, I must start off… with just a simple date

Until this person comes along who shares this mutual thought
Who is willing to let God decide… if we should or not
I will hold on to my principles of which I cannot boast
And let God remove this loneliness… Where I FIND MYSELF THE HOST




By
Benjamin L. Graham
benjagram@gmail.com
1-1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment